MI complies with all regulations on the protection of Personal Information specified in Korean privacy laws and regulations applicable to information and communication service providers, including the Privacy Protection Act of the Republic of Korea, and does its best to protect the rights and interests of the Users with the Personal Information Policy defined in accordance with applicable laws. The Personal Information Policy of the web sites of MI is as follows:
1. Purpose of Collecting
MI does not use the Personal Information for any purpose other than as stated in this article unless it is required by Privacy Protection Act or applicable regulations. If the purpose of the use is changed, the necessary will be implemented, including obtaining consent in accordance with Article 18 of the Privacy Protection Act. A. Website membership and management B. Provision of goods or services C. Handling complaints
A. Website membership and management B. Provision of goods or services C. Handling complaints
2. Term of Retaining and Use of Personal Information
MI holds and uses the Personal Information provided by the Users during the period in which the Users use the services of MI. MI disposes of information that was maintained for a certain period following the applicable laws.
- Records on signage and ads (term of maintenance: 6 months): the Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce Transactions, etc.
- Supply records on contract or withdrawal, payment, goods, etc (term of maintenance: 3 years): the Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce Transactions, etc.
- Records on consumer complaints and processing of disputes (term of maintenance: 3 years): the Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce Transactions, etc.
- Subscriber telecommunication date and time, start and end time, counterpart subscriber number, frequency of use, location of originating base station (term of maintenance: 1 year): Article 41 of Enforcement Decree of the Protection of Communication Secrets Act
- Computer communication, log data, access point (term of maintenance: 3 months): Article 41 of Enforcement Decree of the Protection of Communication Secrets Act
3. Disclosure of Personal Information
MI shall not disclose the Personal Information of Users to a third party or use the Personal Information of Users for purposes other than the purpose of the use of information specified in this Personal Information Policy, without the prior consent of the Users, except when required by laws, government policies and government orders. MI does not currently provide Personal Information to third parties.
4. Liability of Users
Users need to prevent security breaches by providing and maintaining their Personal Information in up-to-date condition. Any breach caused due to inaccurate information provided will be liable to the user. In case false information of others is provided, the rights of the membership can be forfeited.
Users are given the rights to have their Personal Information protected but at the same time are given the obligation not to violate other’s personal information. Please take precautions in your Personal Information and not damage others. On an occasion that damage to others occurs, such an act can be punishable under the law. When a user has been identified to have used another’s Personal Information to enroll, MI will take necessary action immediately to the corresponding user ID.
6. Process to Personal Information
MI handles the following Personal Information
A. Website membership and management Required: Name, email address, Country of Residence Optional: Occupation. Date of Birth
B. Automatically Generated Information The following information may be collected during processing services. - IP Address, Cookies, MAC Address, Service Records, Access, etc
7. Method of Disposal of Personal Information
The Personal Information of Users is immediately disposed of after the purpose of its collection and use has been fulfilled. Personal Information saved in a digital format is deleted by using technology that prevents the recovery of records.
A. Procedure of disposal
- Information entered by Users for enrollment or other purposes is disposed of for the protection of information by the corporate policy and other applicable laws after the purpose of its collection has been fulfilled.
- The above information, unless otherwise required by law, shall not be used for purposes other than the original purpose.
B. Method of disposal
- Personal Information printed on paper is shredded or incinerated for disposal.
- Personal Information saved in a digital format is deleted by using technology that prevents the recovery of records.
8. Securing the protection of Personal Information
To secure the safety of Personal Information from a loss, theft, leak, falsification, or damage.
A. Administrative: Establishment and implementation of an internal management plan, regular staff training, etc. B. Technical: Management of access rights such as Personal Information processing system, installation of an access control system, encryption of unique identification information, installation of a security program. C. Physical: Access control of computer room, data storage room, etc.
9. Administrators in Charge of Management of Personal Information of Website
MI will designate an administrator in charge of the management of the personal information of Users, and strive to protect the Personal Information. The administrators in charge of the management of Personal Information of the website of MI are as follows.